Prep Time: 35 Minutes
500g Plain Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tbsp of Caster Sugar
110g Unsalted Butter
300ml Whole Milk
A handful of desiccated coconut
A handful of dried cranberries
1.Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5
2. Sieve the flour, baking powder and caster sugar in to a bowl then top into a food processor. (If you do not have a food processor do not fear! Just leave it in the bowl and you can do the next bit with your fingers)
3. Chop up the butter, add it to the dry mix and then whizz it in the food processor until you have a mix that resembles fine breadcrumbs. (You can do this the old school way by rubbing the butter in to the dry mix until it resembles fine breadcrumbs- it just takes a it longer!)
4. Tip the mix in to a large bowl and then stir in a handful of desiccated coconut and a handful of dry cranberries.
5. Make a well in the centre of the dry mix and then pour the milk in to the well.
6. Using a fork start to slowly incorporate the dry mix together with the milk.
7. Once the mix has come together tip it on to a floured work surface and then shape it in to a flat circle with your hands.
8. Cut the mix in to 8 triangles.
9. Place the scones on to a baking tray lined with baking parchment, coat in an egg wash and then sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
10. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Serve while still warm and with lashings of cream and jam.