Now America isn’t really creating a great impression of late, therefore I decided to try a recipe featuring something that America managed to get so so right… peanut butter and jelly (or jam to us Brits) I have to admit that I was once a non believer- however after trying the combination in the classic sandwich form a few years a go I have to say that I was totally converted.
The flavour of both the peanut butter and the jam really came through in these blondies. It was a perfect combination of sweet and salty and the texture of the blondies meant they were fudgey but with the added bite of the white chocolate chunks. I would definitely make these again.
Prep Time: 50 Mins
200g White Chocolate Chopped (or chips)
280g Soft Light Brown Sugar
225g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Jar of Seedless Strawberry Jam
Jar of Smooth Peanut Butter
1.Preheat the oven to 170°C/ 325°F/ Gas Mark 4
2. Firstly, line a 20×20 inch brownie tin with baking parchment.
3. Put the butter in a saucepan and melt over a moderate heat. Then leave to cool.
4. Add the sugar to the melted butter and whisk together.
5. In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract.
6. Now add this to the sugar and butter mix and whisk.
7. Sieve the flour and baking powder into the wet mix and then fold it in.
8. Add the chopped up chocolate pieces.
9. Dollop the mix into the tray and spread.
10. Now dollop random splodges of jam and peanut butter on top of the blondie mix and then spiral them in to the mix using a knife or cocktail stick.
11. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. TIP: When the blondies first come out the oven they will seem too squishy, don’t panic, just be sure to leave them to cool completely in the tray and then they will soon be hard enough to cut.